“Personal Data” is any data relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
Who we are
The International Scientific Conference Bridges of Media Education aims to gather researchers from the Central and Eastern Europe (and beyond) in exchange of scientific knowledge and experience. Thematically oriented towards regional challenges and questions brought by digital technologies, it encourages the discussions about global processes and trends in the light of local specificities.
The Department of Media Studies, Faculty of Philosophy (University of Novi Sad) is the sole responsible entity for the data processing.
Information we collect and how we use it
a. Information we collect directly from you
- Application for BME – International Scientific Conference “Bridges of Media Education”. We collect Personal Data from those people who would like to submit abstract by filling the registration form. This Personal Data includes name and surname, affiliation, institution, email, city, country. We use this information to proceed your application to BME – International Scientific Conference “Bridges of Media Education”.
- Registration for BME – International Scientific Conference “Bridges of Media Education”.
- We collect Personal Data from those people who would like to BME – International Scientific Conference “Bridges of Media Education” and they express so by filling the registration form. This Personal Data includes name and surname, institution, email, city, country, special dietary requests. We use this information to proceed your registration to BME – International Scientific Conference “Bridges of Media Education”.
- Information and updates. We may also use your name and surname, affiliation, institution, email, city, country to contact you about last BME – International Scientific Conference “Bridges of Media Education” updates: speakers’ confirmations, programme, updates on the programme.
- Contact us. You may provide us with Personal Data when you communicate with us via the Site.
b. Information we collect automatically
- Cookies information.
Information regarding how to
control or delete cookies can be found here:
(please note these links direct to external websites)
- Internet explorer Click here to be directed to a Microsoft information page
- Chrome Click here to be directed to a Google information page
- Firefox Click here to be directed to a Mozilla information page
- Safari Click here to be directed to a Apple information page
- Opera Click here to be directed to a Opera Information page
How we disclose your information
We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers who provide services on our behalf. These third parties may have access to or process your Personal Data as part of providing services to us.
Your registration information as a participant may be disclosed to other participants in the context of BME – International Scientific Conference “Bridges of Media Education” (e.g. participant list).
We may preserve and disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoenas, warrant or request, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
We also reserve the right to preserve and disclose your Personal Data that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Site and any facilities or equipment used to make the Site available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
If you consent to our disclosure of information to a third party, such as business partners, or as otherwise authorised under applicable law.
Links to other websites
The Site contains links to third-party websites which are not managed by BME – International Scientific Conference “Bridges of Media Education”. Any Personal Data you provide on third-party websites is subject to those third-parties’ privacy policies. We are not responsible for the practices and policies of such third-party websites.
We use organizational and technical security measures that are designed to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, or any other unlawful form of processing.
How long do we retain your data
Your personal data will be deleted 24 months following the end of the event.
If you would like to update the Personal Data provided when registering as a participant on the Site, please write an email to email@example.com.
Subject to applicable Personal Data Protection Law (becomes effective on August 21, 2019, modeled after the EU General Data Protection Regulation), you may have the right to request access to and receive information about the Personal Data we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data, and have the Personal Data blocked or deleted, as appropriate. You also may have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data and withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data at any time. The right to access Personal Information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. Please note that you may not be able to benefit from all features of the Site if you request the deletion of your Personal Data, object or withdraw your consent to the processing your Personal Data.
You may unsubscribe from our communications via the means provided in the communications we send or by contacting us as indicated below.
If you would like to exercise your rights or withdraw your consent, please contact us by the means provided at the conclusion of this Policy.
Personal data breaches
In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, if a personal data breach is likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons, we will communicate the personal data breach to the data subject as soon as possible via email.
How to contact us
BME – International Scientific Conference “Bridges of Media Education” – Department of Media Studies, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Novi Sad is the entity responsible for Personal Data collected on the Site. If you would like to exercise your rights or if you have questions regarding the Personal Data we collect, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Department of Media Studies
Faculty of Philosophy, University in Novi Sad
Zorana Đinđića 2, 21000 Novi Sad
Tel/fax: +381 21 455 603
National Data Protection Authority:
Commissioner for Information of Public Importance and Personal Data Protection
15, Bulevar kralja Aleksandra str, Belgrade 11120
Tel: +381 11 3408 900
Fax: +381 11 3343 379